WELCOME!!!

I WELCOME YOU ALL FROM THE DEPTH OF MY HEART TO MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT INFORMATION ABOUT SEVERAL TOPICS. I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT.


WITH REGARDS,

SAM

WITH REGARDS,

SAM

Now You Can...

you can now download JAVA Tutorials, a very easy, understandable and very precise for the JAVA Beginners. You can Now earn by just uploading the files of size more the 5Mb and less then 5 Gb. no hassle no falseness and on weekly basses.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

What is Art?

By Monika Agic

The arts are part of our everyday life. Everything we have and use on a daily basis was designed by someone and chances are the better the design, the more we like those objects. Companies such as Apple computers and Starbucks owe their success not only to the functional characteristics of their product, but also great design. It is all about how these companies make us feel. There are also performing arts: music, theater, film, etc...

The artists are as varied group as there are people. The key characteristic of great art is to cause an emotion. I like things that make me happy and comfortable. There are people who like disturbing and dark arts, but I don't. Art can have varying degree of functionality. It can be incorporated into a functional item like a rug on the floor that looks great and also warms our feet, but it can also be purely decorative.

Our selections truly reflect who we are: everything from our choice of furniture, clothing and choice of the cell phone ring tone in some way reflects our unique personality.

Art helps us define our sense of style. I personally like all styles but leaning mostly toward modern and abstract. My paintings reflect my personal sense of what looks good. Any artist really can only make the art that comes from within. I noticed that people who like me usually like my art as well. This is why I feel there is no competition between artists: we don't make the same stuff.

The beauty is surely in the eye of the beholder. I've been to many museums and there are art objects that I like, art objects that I don't like and everything in between. The art changes with times, cultures, beliefs and trends. It also changes with advances in technology and the availability of materials. It is not static. It changes just as we are changing.

When you buy a piece of art I would not expect that you will like the same piece forever. You may love it, but just as that old sofa it's time may have passed, it no longer excites you, no longer resonates with you, so you decide to change it. And that is OK, you have now evolved and want something different.

Finally the special category of arts is handmade and only one of a kind. To me, prints and multiplied decorations just are not the same as the originals. The original art has a soul of its maker in it. The framed print does not. The original art is reserved for a distinctive shopper, someone who wants not only original and unique, but has an evolved sense of style and financial ability to afford what they like.

I work under a trade name Art by Magic and sell my artwork via an online sitehttp://www.monikaagic.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment